Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

Being that Mother's Day is right around the corner I thought I would right a special thank you to my mother.

I am not by anyone's definition an emotional person. I rarely say I love you. I have never sent a card that express any emotion other than humor, and I feel like one visit home every year is borderline excessive. Being that my mom is well...my mom, she has come to accept these things about me. She cherishes every silly card for Mother's Day, Birthdays, and Christmas for the fact that I remembered to send it. She relishes in the fact that I do from time to time end said cards or even a text with Love you! and she has learned the less she pushes me to come home the more likely I am to actually do it.

Don't get my wrong...I do in fact love my mother very much. I am just far too much my father's child, but I'll save that post for Father's Day.
When I am heartbroken I call my mom and she mends it. When I am lonely I call my mom and she keeps me company. When I am in trouble I call my mom and she walks me through, and when I am stressed I...well, drink...cause let's face it that's usually a faster solution. Then I'll call my mom and try to hide the fact that I'm drunk.  Which by the way I'm either really good at or she just doesn't want to get into that with me...not sure on that one yet.

So for Mother's Day I would like to say Thank you and I Love You to my mother.  Regardless of how many mistakes I've made she's has always and will always be there for me supporting me every step of the way.  I love her for the wisdom and guidance she has provided me throughout this journey called life and while we don't always see eye to eye on many things I will never questions her love for me.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there who accept and love their children just as they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment