What do I want...why do I feel so unhappy? It could be that the last 5 years have been completely devoted to work and devoid of human contact, other than the Israeli programmer type. I moved here 5 years ago thinking that my life was finally taking off. I had a great job and I was starting over on this amazing journey.
Unfortunately I soon realized that no one really wanted to do anything but work, so I followed suit not wanting to disappoint my new boss and his expectations...It worked. I have tripled my salary and my boss has on many occasions told me we never would be here if not for me.
So now I lay here in the dark...Alone...and I realize it hasn't only been a few years. It's been 5...and I have very little to show for it personally. The money and the job didn't make me as happy as I thought it would.
So a little late, but here are my 2011 goals:
- Update resume and seriously consider other professional options in life. (i.e. New City)
- Go to NY City at Christmas time.
- Venture out of my comfort zone and meet new people.
- Don't love someone who can't/won't love you back.
- Write more as I find that my mind has actually stopped running in circles this very second.